cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Controlling Doors and their Zones

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can we change which Zone a door chooses to associate itself with? (For example, an airport bathroom could have 2 doors, one for in and one for out. The swing on the doors will be different but both doors should be associated with the bathroom. By default one door would be associated with the bathroom and one door would be associated with the corridor it opens into.)

Thanks,
Chris
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think Doors/Windows can be associated with up to two Zones, but the first is always the Zone they open into.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo,

Thanks for your reply. I have found a little more detail on this issue.

For some doors you can set a parameter under Options called "Opening Direction." This will let you dictate which way the door associates itself with Zones.

BUT.............

The Commercial Doors and Metal Doors in the AC9 Library (ie., what we use) do not have that parameter available. I have not installed the March Library Update although that fix is not listed in the release notes.

Chris
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Isn't it possible to Rotate the Door 180 degrees, plus Flip it?
This could possibly change the order of the two Zones associated with the Door.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laslo,

That does not seem to have the intended effect. So far I am still stuck on being able to use doors with the Opening Direction parameter.

Thanks,
Chris