Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Corner Trim on Wood Siding - Possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am wondering how to attach wood corner trim to houses with wood siding. I want them to show up in the elevations automatically. Also, what about brick quoins a the corners. Any traditional residential master out there?

Thanks,
Stan
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent alternative solution Bill...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rashid wrote:
thanks. 'preciate it. now how do these damn emoticons work

i'll try again
Anonymous
Not applicable
bill wrote:
Rashid wrote:
thanks. 'preciate it. now how do these <b>[censored]</b> emoticons work

i'll try again
in case you're wondering censored was 'd a m n'

come on guys that ain't real bad language is it?
aahatimo
Newcomer
back to stan's question from almost 3 years ago....
Archimac wrote:
I am wondering how to attach wood corner trim to houses with wood siding. I want them to show up in the elevations automatically. Also, what about brick quoins a the corners. Any traditional residential master out there?
Thanks,
Stan
is there any good news regarding corner boards and ac v10? still no object as far as i can see. there are quoin corners in the masonry > wall extras folder and the d3 library has a similar 'trim quoin' in its trim > moulding library.
i have tried to tweak settings on these to give just a simple trimmed corner with no real luck.
when will we get basic tools that will assist us?
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
TomWaltz
Participant
What have you tried? You can easily use walls, slabs, beams, columns, roofs, or meshes to model a corner trim.
Tom Waltz
aahatimo
Newcomer
i have been using a few of the 'workarounds' you mentioned, i am just tired of needing to use those techniques to achieve a basic construction element.
maybe i should reword my question, is there a corner trim object included in ac10? if not WHY?
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Stress Co_
Advisor
aahatimo wrote:
is there a corner trim object included in ac10?
Cadimage's Accessory Tool has one. Perhaps someone who uses it can say if it's worth the price. Anyone??
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
An easy GDL object is the solution. It's about 10 rows of GDL code to make a simple corner.

Could you draw a sketch about what you need? Maybe I already have an GDL object that make what you're search for?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The various "workarounds" are not so difficult. I've used walls, slabs and custom parts (very simple ones) all to good effect and with out much trouble. Rusticated quoins are another matter though...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
The various "workarounds" are not so difficult. I've used walls, slabs and custom parts (very simple ones) all to good effect and with out much trouble. Rusticated quoins are another matter though...
Workarounds are not the optimal thing to do if you are using the same corner every time, then a GDL objekt is the right way to go in my opinion.