cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Creating a brick string

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone could help with an issue I'm having. I'm creating a brick string such as in this image: http://forterra.co.uk/inspiration-gallery-detail/208/hereward-light-london-brick-project .

I have set up walls already and so was hoping to create the different colour bricks overlayed like a 'sleeve' which I can easily move up, down, change colour etc. I understand it may be possible with a complex profile but where I've started working doesn't have those and as I'm pressed for time they won't want me playing with complex profiles as it's taking enough time as is...

I created a wall type 1mm thick so I could just trace the edge and set the height / material as needed. However the brick extends past the intersections at corners. I was wondering if there's an option I'm missing, or if there's simply a better way, I'm sure you experienced professionals could help me.

Thank you for your time.

Capture.PNG
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
yellowbear:

You have a couple options:
1. Put the strip walls on a layer with a different Layer Intersection Group number.
2. Adjust the strip walls so their Reference Lines are in a different location than the main wall reference lines. I think this issue is caused by the two walls' reference lines being in the same location, so ArchiCAD is trying to figure out how they should intersect.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
DGSketcher
Legend
I had a similar project. Complex walls is probably the best solution if you have several walls the same, but the quick work around I used was to create 100/102mm wide beams with a material strength greater than the general brick and place them in the wall. This would be more suited if the strings aren't continuous e.g. brick sills or feature courses in limited locations. Using a beam should also avoid AC trying to resolve wall intersections.

Let us know how you get on so others can learn from your experience.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Firstly, thank you both for your quick replies, incredibly helpful and will take on board for the future:

I can confirm that on a separate layer with a different junction order has done the trick - my walls are at 8, and I've used 10 for the brick string course and all is well.

I will keep the beam trick in mind as well, in case I can apply to other situations.

Thanks guys!