cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Creating a smooth terrain from terrain skirts automatically

Ultratimsil
Participant

i have created a terrain out of lines i took from a reference, the lines had multiple nods, and when i finished it create a stair like terrain and not smooth, so i have been doing it manually. 

as you can see in the picture the left side is what i did manually and on the right you can see the stair like terrain that i will be working on. is there a better method or an initiall approach i should take to avoid this amount of manual work?

Operating system used: Windows

Screenshot 2024-08-17 124053.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Marc H
Advisor

It doesn’t look like you are using the Mesh tool?  With that, you can overlay Splines from your survey over the mesh and, with the magic wand, embed nodes into your mesh and elevate them in groups.  There are a few helpful videos on this process.  It will produce a very smooth terrain.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Marc H
Advisor

It doesn’t look like you are using the Mesh tool?  With that, you can overlay Splines from your survey over the mesh and, with the magic wand, embed nodes into your mesh and elevate them in groups.  There are a few helpful videos on this process.  It will produce a very smooth terrain.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

I think that's the way, i should have done it from the beginning.

Thanks

Setup info provided by author