Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain wall is excluded from Drag command using marquee

alexliz23
Enthusiast

Very simple project, with 4 curtain walls for a small conservatory - 3 for vertical elements, the fourth one is for the roof. This last one was built in Elevation view, if that makes any difference to how it is handled by AC.

I want to move the whole construction. I select everything using the Marquee tool. The roof curtain wall element stays put. Only by direct selection using the Arrow tool can I move it. Nothing is locked, everything is in the Main Model Design Option (there are no other options on this project). Video attached.

Any tips anyone?

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @alexliz23,

Sometimes these strange behaviors can occur when your project is far from the origin point, I see these values for the first time, are they correct?

IMG_1220.jpeg

AC 27 INT 5030/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
alexliz23
Enthusiast

Hi Mahmoud, thanks for your comment. These coordinates are normally only shown in some contexts in 3D views.

This project is on plain millimeter dimensions and in most views you will see that everything is within just 5 meters of project zero.

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma

Hi @alexliz23 

Have you tried doing it in the roof floor plan view instead of the 3D?

Regards.

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000
alexliz23
Enthusiast

Hi Ricardo, thanks for posting here. Yes, I had. Nothing seems to affect this particular curtain wall. I can only move it by selecting with the Arrow Tool.

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma
alexliz23
Enthusiast

I have concluded that this may be a limitation (bug?) for Curtain Wall Elements which have been created in Elevation/Section View using the Polyline or Curved Geometry Method. If the CW is created using Boundary it is then included in the Drag using Marquee.

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma

If you concluded to a bug so pls send a report to the Graphisoft’s local partner to assure that it’s a bug and they may have a solution.

AC 27 INT 5030/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
alexliz23
Enthusiast

Thanks, Mahmoud. Like I said, this may be a limitation (although I haven't seen it documented anywhere thus far) so I am not certain it's a bug.

Alex

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma
Barry Kelly

Technically, the marquee is not moving or dragging the elements.

It is stretching the nodes of the elements inside the marquee.

Because all of the nodes for the curtain walls are inside the marquee, it is effectively moving them (stretching all nodes the same distance.

With the vertical curtain walls, you will find that you can grab an end node of the reference line and simply stretch or drag that node - exactly what the marquee does.

But with the horizontal one, you will find it does not have the same stretchy nodes in plan.

That is why the marquee can not stretch (move) it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
alexliz23
Enthusiast

Thanks @Barry Kelly. Yes, that's what I meant earlier by 'limitation'.

Do you happen to know if this is documented at all?

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma