Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Composite Wall Intersections

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any input here would be welcomed!

I've created multiple custom composite wall types and cannot for the life of me get them to intersect correctly (see screenshot). I've tried making all the composite skins the same priority, the walls themselves are the same priority, I have the 'enable skin priorities' box checked, but still no luck... what am I missing?!
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks like the lower wall is intersecting with a wall on a hidden layer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew -

Good thought, but unfortunately, I don't think this is the case. There aren't any other walls in this area, and the layer the visible walls are on has a distinct priority that is not shared w/ any other layers...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check out Cecilia's post in THIS THREAD for an explanation and diagram of skin priorities. This should help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks s2art -

Cecilia's diagram was helpful and is basically how I understood skin priorities to work. I've attached a screenshot that shows how I have the priorities set up w/n my composites. The '8s' are finishes and the '4s' are cores, but it doesn't seem to want to intersect correctly. Could it because I Have different skin patterns to accommodate the 45 degree angle? I feel like I'm missing something pretty simple here!
Anonymous
Not applicable
You have the priorities reversed. The core should have the higher priority number.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Matthew -

Just reversed the priorities so the core has a higher number priority, but the result is the same. Any other thoughts? Thanks.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Can you post a s/shot showing your reference line clearly.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
alemanda
Advocate
Check the presence of some column in the intersection.
I noted that columns make interference with the composite structures if they are in a layer with the same number of intersection of the walls ... I think it is a bug
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620

Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440

www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
BenY_Boston wrote:
Could it because I Have different skin patterns to accommodate the 45 degree angle?
Absolutely in order to get a correct "contextual" fill orientation linked to the wall's direction you must

1. use the same fill pattern (to get correct skin connections)
2. set the skin fill to be linked to element origin (to get correct orientation)

see attached