Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composite Walls and Slab intersection (intersecting on the slab's edge)

Wlad222
Booster

Issue with Archicad's Priority Based Connections Feature

I'm experiencing a challenge with Archicad's Priority Based Connections feature, specifically when a wall is positioned at the edge of a slab. Despite ensuring that both the wall and slab are using identical building materials and intersection priorities, the automatic connections are not functioning as anticipated.

Observed Behavior

1. In Image 1, I expected to see the same connection as in Image 3, given that concrete has a higher priority than insulation. However, when the wall is placed on the slab's edge, the outside insulation appears to override the priority connection. Is this behavior intentional?
  2. A similar issue is observed in Image 2. When the wall's height is extended, the slab's finish priority seems to be superseded. This occurs only when the wall is positioned precisely on the slab's edge.

Questions and Clarification Needed

1. Can someone explain the rationale behind this behavior?
  2. Are there any workarounds available to address this issue?
  3. How can I ensure that the wall and slab interact solely based on material priorities, regardless of their relative positioning?

I would greatly appreciate any insights or solutions the community can provide regarding this matter. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Operating system used: Windows

Untitled-1.jpg
0 REPLIES 0

Setup info provided by author