Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Distance and Stretching not working properly

Anonymous
Not applicable
We're trying to draw 2D lines.
We have the Standard 13 Work Environment in use.

When we have a line, we want to stretch it so that it is 3" longer. But when we put 3" in to the distance box it makes the line 3" long total.

We also cannot any more draw a line or move anything in a straight direction by holding shift and then also hold "D" to enter a distance. We can press "D" with out shift held and enter the distance though.

Any Ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Use Shift (to constrain the direction) + R
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Jesikuh123 wrote:
When we have a line, we want to stretch it so that it is 3" longer. But when we put 3" in to the distance box it makes the line 3" long total.
You should point your cursor to the end of the line and type D, then 3"+, then press ENTER to make it 3 inches longer.

Also, make sure the Relative Coordinates in Tracker option is ON otherwise the length change is measured from the User Origin, not the Edit Origin at the other end of the line.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm new to ArchiCAD v 13, and my dilemma is that I can't figure out how to keep the distance box on whenever I start drawing walls. When I start a new drawing it stays on for a while, then seems to disappear as I continue to work on the drawing.

I want to be able to see how long a wall is as I draw it.

I'm using the trial version to see if I want to stick wtih the program. Does using the trial version limit the capability of certain things?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You probably want to turn on Tracker (middle button in image, above the word Hide). There is also the Co-ordinates palette under Windows menu.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That was it.
Thanks.