Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Cutting Plan - Plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

How can I create a plan view from a custom cutting plane in ArchiCAD 20?

I need a plan view for the documentation of a ramp. The view will need an angle or split cutting plane to see the ramp and exclude the walls above.

Please see the custom cutting plane required drawn in purple.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 4.03.26 pm.png
6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon
That plan cut is not standard in my area but the only option I see is to use Layers to turn off the elements to the left of the cut plane and then save the 3D Plan view as a 3D Document.

Another option is to create to different floor plans (one half to the right and one half to the left) and place them together in the Layout.

AFAIK you cannot create slanted cut planes.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
It can be done but only with a 3D document.
1. Define your cutplane (position, rotation), effectively showing only what you need. You can't create a split cutting plane. You can create several planes, but each plane is infinite AFAIK.
2. In an Axonometric view, use "Look to perpendicular of clicked surface" and click on one of the slabs.
3. Create a 3D document from this view.

You can then define the look, label and dimension in the 3D document. You can overlay other elements from the floor plan directly in layout (from a view that isolates only the elements that you need, such as grids or general dimensions).

Best regards.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you both.

I'm curious ejrolon, when you say this plan cut is not standard in your practice, is that because I've shown the line on an angle? If you were to need a ramp plan of this ramp, you need a cut that showed the complete ramp? And if so, how would you create the view?
Eduardo Rolon
Nothing too complicated.
Based on your building section i would just cut at standard height for both levels and I would never see the whole ramp. I understand you wanting to create a clarification drawing and if I needed what I would do is copy each floor plan and edit the frame so that it shows what I need.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all.

For future reference, both cutting the frame, and using a 3D document with a custom plane have become viable options.

The 3D plane is a more efficient document to work with but I will have to manually enter RL's, FSL's (level dimensions are not available) and manually add grid lines.
Eduardo Rolon
For the 3D Document instead of Level Dims try using Labels they should work the same way and you can copy paste the Grids from the floor plan.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator