Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Orientation for each floor

FinkernagelRoss
Participant

I'm currently working on an existing building doing an extension and refurbishment project.

As the existing walls are mostly slightly slanting, and with the thicknesses all slightly different from one another, especially on each floor, the internal orientations are all slightly distorted from each other.

As i'm modelling some new partition walls and boxing up certain spaces to create more symmetrical internal spaces, I'm having to offset from different base fixed walls on each floor and therefore Setting Graphical Orientations whenever I work on different floors as to draw things perpendicularly. However, I was wondering if this can be fixed or made unique for each floor so they would be kept at a certain orientation on each floor?

Operating system used: Windows

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

If you are talking about screen rotation, that unfortunately applies to all storeys.

The screen rotation list does hold the last 4 custom rotations though, so if you can remember which is for each storey, it is easy to re-apply.

Otherwise you have to manually reset the rotation each time you want to change it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author