Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Profiles and Wall Intersections in 3D

TomWaltz
Participant
Anyone else seen a problem like this?

These are walls drawn with a custom profile. Each skin is set to a different priority and "Enable Skin Priorities" is turned on.

The plan looks correct.

Why do the corners not clean up properly?

(those are 3 different corner screen shots composited into 1 image)

Picture 4.png
Tom Waltz
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:

These are walls drawn with a custom profile. Each skin is set to a different priority and "Enable Skin Priorities" is turned on.

The plan looks correct.

Why do the corners not clean up properly?

(those are 3 different corner screen shots composited into 1 image)
Tom,
This is kinda' scary for those of us waiting/ready to upgrade to V10. I'm aware that Beta testing was fairly thorough and am concerned that this didn't show up. Please let us all know how/when you resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Dan K
__archiben
Booster
TomWaltz wrote:
ouch mate!

any change if you alter the intersection angle to anything other than 90º? not particularly helpful, but just wondering . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you played with reference line locations to see if that makes any difference?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying hard to replicate that condition on my end and am not able to (custom profile or AC profile)...

Are both walls using the exact same profile? They sure look that way.

Can you make it happen every time?

Oh, and by the way, do your AC10 Library doors and windows work in that profile?
TomWaltz
Participant
Intersection angle had no effect.
Reference lines moved all over, no effect.
They are the same profiles.
Tried the same thing with skin priorities on and off, with no effect.
It is 100% reproducible with every custom profile we have tried, including those from GS. We have not had one profiled wall clean up in 3D yet.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm...

I have altered every setting I can think of and cannot get it to happen...

I have tried offsetting vertically, different wall offsets, different priorities, one priority on , one off. I can't replicate your problem...

I do have major problems w/ my doors and windows though...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tomwaltz,
I too am seeing this problem. I have a profiled log siding wall on a 2x6 wall and when they intersect on floor plan they look good. However in 3D and elevations the square ends of the inner 2x6 protrude through the outer half-round stacked logs. This isn't really a big concern to me because I use corners to cover them but it is still there....hidden..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom

Both you and Demetious are having the same problems...both of you are on mac....

g.h.design...ur on windows...right...could this be only happening in mac....
Anonymous
Not applicable
r wrote:
Tom

...could this be only happening in mac....
...Not a mac issue. My complex walls clean up perfectly and windows/doors appear correctly. Each edge has a custom material setting. I modified a profile by moving the fills to locate the origin on the other side of the wall (since the origin determines the reference line), changed some custom edge settings, and turned off clean wall intersections; the walls still intersect cleanly in 3D & elevation.

This is a feature I am becoming addicted to and was worried, so I had to test it. Thankfully, I couldn't make it fail.