cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Customizing the MAC's right mouse button 'pop up' menus?

rob2218
Enthusiast
how do we accomplish this?

Right-mouse-button.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Customizing context menus is not supported by Graphisoft on either Mac or Windows platforms.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
DOHhhhhh....

so we can create new toolbars, we can create new palettes but we can't customize a mouse button?

bumsky.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
Well, you're not customizing a mouse button. That is another story and something done with mouse drivers. You are customizing context menus...

Graphisoft does not support this. But, you can enable context menu editing for your Work Environment on the Mac by checking the preference shown in the attached screenshot. On Windows, this is done via the registry editor.

Restart ArchiCAD (if it was running when you edited your preferences) and you'll see Context Menus under your Command Layout Schemes. I'm not really sure why GS does not document or support this, but I seem to remember that the feature may not be fully tested...

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
The context menus shown for editing are limited. For example, I don't see most common context menus, nor any means of associated a new menu with a particular context...

Karl
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks Karl,
appreciate it.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23