Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cutting cylinders.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, guys!

Is there anyways to cut the tube in the basic shapes library? I need it cut by 45 degrees.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

I've attached a picture to help explain.

Thanks.

Screen shot 2011-02-10 at 16.42.39.png
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Use the solid element operations. For the sloping cut it's probably easiest to use a roof but sloping walls, a complex profile or even a mesh would do the trick depending on what you need it for.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I need the tubing to be hollow though as i want to place a light inside of it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you use the Tube object from standard library, it will be hollow (specify tube diameter and thickness). Image below shows Tube 11 from AC 11 library, cut by a roof at 45degrees which is on a layer set to wireframe display. SEO with Tube as Target and roof as operator, subtract with downwards extrusion.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Kawsome wrote:
Is there anyways to cut the tube in the basic shapes library? I need it cut by 45 degrees.
Try OBJECTiVE. It's free for educational use, and will make this quite easy. Referring to the attached image:
  • 1. Select the pipe, click the menu OBJECTiVE > Tools > Split, and trace a line where you want to cut the pipe

2. Click on the side to remain selected, and the pipe will be split. This is much easier than SEO (you don't need to leave operators for cutting planes lying around). You can also continue to cut the object at multiple angles.

3. The cut object also looks right in 2D (SEO doesn't) and the cut object can be freely rotated with OBJECTiVE's rotate tool.

4. The complete shapes in 3D

SplitPipe.jpg
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks very much for the advice guys!