cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cutting on a round wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings to all Users

I have a problem, regarding modelling - I am not able (I don't know how to do it) to cut wall irregular (need to model it like it is for reconstruction purpouse).

I would apprieciate any help with this topic 😉
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
ARGAS:

You should look at Solid Element Operations (in the Help files see: Elements of the Virtual Building > Solid Element Operations). To use this you will need to create some elements that are the size and location of the parts of the Wall to be removed (could be other Walls, Slabs, Morphs, etc.), then use these elements to remove part of the target Wall. The operator elements can then be put on a hidden layer, but not deleted.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
ARGAS:

You should look at Solid Element Operations (in the Help files see: Elements of the Virtual Building > Solid Element Operations). To use this you will need to create some elements that are the size and location of the parts of the Wall to be removed (could be other Walls, Slabs, Morphs, etc.), then use these elements to remove part of the target Wall. The operator elements can then be put on a hidden layer, but not deleted.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
Thank you David, that should do the work. Will show effects afterwards.

Karol
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Karol:

Yes, please post an image when done. Thanks for adding the signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14