cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Default surfaces for doors & windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using the windows and doors in the ArchiCAD main library. I prefer to use "Paint 09 Ceiling White" for all the door & window frames, mullions etc. (expect for the glass). But I got a problem: The default surface settings for them are set to "Leaves" ( it's basically a leaf texture ). This applies to ALL doors and windows, so whenever I choose a new type of door or window, I have to manually set a whole bunch of surfaces in the door/window parameters.

So I was wondering, is there a preset for the window & door surface somewhere that I can make modifications to?
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
To avoid having to input all the settings the procedure is to use the eyedropper to select the door that has the correct settings then in "Door Settings" before selecting the new door you can inject the settings in the icon. This will copy all common settings from one to another.
Untitled 2.jpg
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Woohoo, thanks so much, where did you get that secret way to use the injection tool? It worked perfectly! You saved me a lot of time.
Eduardo Rolon
look at the joined date, have been here for the last 10 years. You pick things along the way.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
Or start using Favourites.
Set a window up as you want and save a Favourite for it so you can use it next time.
Favourites can be exported and imported into other files either by 'merge' where you can add them in one at a time or by 'replace' where all current favourites are replaced with the ones you are importing.
Not the best control for bringing them in to other jobs but if you take the time to set up a favoutite list for your template you will be well on the way for all new jobs.

alexwang32 wrote:
Woohoo, thanks so much, where did you get that secret way to use the injection tool? It worked perfectly! You saved me a lot of time.
It's no secret.
It's in the manual - if you know what you are looking for.
If not there is a little bit of reading required.
I highly suggest just skimming through the manual if you have never done that before.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11