Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Details linking with plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having alot of trouble with detail markers - firstly changing the name of the detail drawing as it appears in the view sets list - and also importing details into my plotmaker layout - when it comes up with the list of drawings to import the details are shown inactive. Can anyone help me please?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can change the names of your details by going to the Project Map side of the Navigator and right clicking on the name. If you can't find the details to import into PlotMaker possibly you don't have the actual detail in the proper window: the one created by the detail marker. Do you have your details on stories ?

Wally
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you sure you are looking at "views" of the details and not the project map? Have you saved the project after creating the views? Changing the view name can be done a couple of different ways. select the view and click again in the text and you can change the view name. The trick with this method is the time between the clicks. Double clicking opens the view. The other method is when you re-define the view you can re-name the view in this dialog box.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Mike
Thanks for your advice. Even though I change the detail's name in views- it does not change the number on the detail marker, and although the drawing which the marker is linked to has changed the detail does not update.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sarah wrote:
Hi Mike
Thanks for your advice. Even though I change the detail's name in views- it does not change the number on the detail marker, and although the drawing which the marker is linked to has changed the detail does not update.
You need to explain in a little more detail what you are doing. Are you in plotmaker or Archicad. The view name is not related to the detail marker #, and it is unclear you are referring to a the detail marker #. Are these auto linked details? If so the markers are only filled in in plotmaker.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sarah wrote:
Hi Mike
The ID number for the marker is set in the project map or settings dialog/info box. The sheet and drawing numbers are usually placed automatically in PlotMaker. The names in the views are typically used by the drawing title in PlotMaker. Remember that one source in the project map can be used to create as many views as you like, and thus the dichotomy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've placed a Some Drawing with a detail marker,
and its detail.pmk

when opened Marker in PM i reed:
<LAYOUTNUMBER_R><0/4>

There only 3 details in this test file.
actually detail in AC have ID: "2 - W"
NAME: "SOME_NAME"

Can you explain, what does it mean: "0" and "4"
Djordje
Ace
Put the Archicad version and build and the OS that you use in your signature
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Put the Archicad version and build and the OS that you use in your signature
I've spoked about autotext ability of PM. I want to understand, how can plotmaker know - what detail is correspond to its marker. And how to control this mechanism by hands.

PS: AC9 - PM9 - XP