Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Determin a file Release number AC11, AC10,...

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are looking for a way to identify what release an ArchiCAd file has been saved as, without opening the file!

On the MAC the icon for a .pln file saved in AC10 shows the application's icon on the .pln icon image. However in AC11 the same image of the AC10 icon appears in the .pln icon image.

Anyone know of a way to see file release of the saved file. or is there a way to change the image that AC11 places as the icon for a .pln file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using the icon that is in the free downloads section of the forum as it places the 11 for the new icon similar to the 10 of the old one.

Lew Bishop
Jon Worden Architects
MBP17 OSX 10.5 AC 11 1112
Stress Co_
Advisor
I've noticed, prior to AC10.... If you "Get Info" (mac os) it will show the file's Version. Unfortunately, that seems to have disappeared with AC10.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Stress Co_
Advisor
keith wrote:
We are looking for a way to identify what release an ArchiCAd file has been saved as, without opening the file!
Keith:
I just noticed... with Archicad running... the "Open file" command will show the AC version and build # (of the selected file) in the lower right corner of the "open file" window.
Picture 12.png
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
TomWaltz
Participant
a small tidbit on Teamwork PLP files:
AC10 files will have an accompanying ADM file.
AC11 files will not.
Tom Waltz
Barry Kelly
I don't know for you Mac users but in Windows I copy and paste some text into the project preview of our template.
When saved as jobs they all then show this preview as their file icon in any of the browsers.

Opening and old version file in a newer version of the software just requires us to change the project preview before we save the file.

Now we always know what version the file was saved in without even having to check any properties.

Of course you can also add a version number to the file name as shown here (we don't ususally do that).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
kevin b
Contributor
We have been having some issue lately with the build info showing up differently in different places. We have upgraded all the versions in the office to AC11 US 1114. We have made sure to check users' applications folders for any copies and upgraded those as well. It has been done twice in some cases because we thought we missed some but it appears there is some kind of bug.

In every case, when running the program, if you go to About ArchiCAD they all say 1114 USA Full. In the finder, if you Get Info from the app, they all have different versions, some say 11.0.0 v1 INT (1114), some say 11.0.0 v1 INT (1086) and some 11.0.0 v1 INT (970). They are all definitely USA 1114 and when you run check for updates within ArchiCAD it says they are all up to date.

Additionally, when you go to open files, some of them show they are 1086 files in the open dialog box.

Is this a bug? Is this a problem? We previously had problems with members of teamwork projects being on different builds, which is why we have gone through and updated everyone and double checked it. Is this a potential lurking problem, waiting to erupt an hour before a deadline?
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
David Maudlin
Rockstar
kevin wrote:
Additionally, when you go to open files, some of them show they are 1086 files in the open dialog box.
Kevin:

I think the version number shown when opening the file is from the last time the file was saved, so your 1086 files have not been opened and saved since your last update. I have ArchiCAD 11 files with 970, 1033, 1040, 1086, 1114 version numbers, which correspond pretty much to when the files were last modified.

My "About ArchiCAD... number is 1114 USA, and the application shows 1040.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
kevin b
Contributor
No they are files that are definitely saved by the updated version of the app. We have double and triple checked this. We upgraded all the app on every machine months ago and then again last week when this appeared to be an issue we went back around and made sure all the apps were up to date, including copies on peoploes hard drives and still, there are files saved just yesterday that show the incorrect build.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

kevin b
Contributor
We even found some files that were hotlinked into other files that had the old versions so those were resaved with the new version and still same results. Doesn't happen on all the machoines. We are still trying to isolate which ones it does happen on, seems to be two or three of them.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10