Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Dimensioning User Interface Greyed Out

Zdenko
Advocate

something i noticed when attempting to move a dimension line and not sure i understand why one is greyed out and unable to move the dimension line.

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 10.33.25 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 10.33.39 AM.png

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based Sonoma 14.5

Archicad 27 5030 USA Full Apple
M3 Max 36GB MacBook Pro
iOS Sonoma 14.5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi @Zdenko,

only one thing you should be aware of is when you select a dimension line you have to see the Mercedes arrow then select it (like in the first long dimension line).

But when the dimension line is short (as in the second case) you have to zoom in until you get that Mercedes arrow appears then select it.

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
runxel
Legend

One time you clicked on the main dimension line, the other time you clicked on a dimension node.

You may ask "why" and fair enough, but this is done so nodes can e.g. have different witness line styles.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

will send video monday

M3 Max 36GB MacBook Pro
iOS Sonoma 14.5

Do not click on the dimension node or the exact centre point between dimension nodes, because that does not select the dimension line.

Click on the line itself or drag a selection box around the node/s on the end of the dimension line/s (or actually anywhere across the dimension line/s) to select it/them.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Zdenko
Advocate

so this is what i was trying to convey concerning the inability to move the dimension line.

M3 Max 36GB MacBook Pro
iOS Sonoma 14.5
Solution

Hi @Zdenko,

only one thing you should be aware of is when you select a dimension line you have to see the Mercedes arrow then select it (like in the first long dimension line).

But when the dimension line is short (as in the second case) you have to zoom in until you get that Mercedes arrow appears then select it.

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

@Mahmoud Qenawi wrote:

Hi @Zdenko,

Exactly, as I said in my post - "Do not click on the dimension node or the exact centre point between dimension nodes, because that does not select the dimension line."

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author