cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door Opening line in 3D points towards hinge side, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad 9,

My opening lines on doors in 3d are showing up pointing towards the door handle.

This is backwards from the convenition i know, how do I change it so it points the other direction.

(i have a bad memory, but I don't remember this being an issue in Archicad 5 thru

-Nathan Brauer
13 REPLIES 13
David Bearss
Booster
Dan wrote:
Nathan wrote:
Archicad 9,
My opening lines on doors in 3d are showing up pointing towards the door handle.
This is backwards from the convenition i know, how do I change it so it points the other direction.
Nathan and all,
I have fixed this problem on my doors by unpacking the ArchiCAD 9 library and making a simple edit to the "da_oplines_81.gsm" 3d script.

In the 3d script of this object comment out the first 2 transformation statements to look like the following:
!!!ADDX a
!!!MULX -1
Save the object and now all of your doors that call this macro will point to the hinge.
I know this is an old thread but I was really hoping this small adventure into GDL would fix this for me. I tried the above modification to da_oplines_81 macro however when I check script I get an error:
Cannot DEL transformation above TOP at line 80 of file da_oplines_81.

I am paging through GDL Cookbook but nothing is jumping out at me.
Any Recomendations??
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
TomWaltz
Participant
Since you removed two cursor transformation statements, you will need to decrease the number next to the DEL statement by 2 as well.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,
At the bottom of the 3D script of the macro da_oplines_81
at the line just above the line that reads IF gs_door_pos=2 THEN DEL 2,
put exclamation points before the DEL 2 statement as shown.

!!!DEL 2
IF gs_door_pos=2 THEN DEL 2

Peter Devlin
David Bearss
Booster
Thanks Tom,
Might be leading the blind and ignorant here. I got it to work though. Thanks!! now all doors and windows too as soon as I make the revisions, will indicate proper opening lines.

Such a simple solution by tweaking the GDL a bit. Little victories like this help me venture into GDL more often.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram