Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Drawing Frame in Views

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm a little confused about this. When I set up a view, I specify a certain zoom for that view. That zoom tells me what I can see in that view.

When I place that view in a layout, it places the entire drawing - not that view. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

In the image you can see how small the sheet is compared to the drawings being pulled in - I'm just trying to bring in a tiny portion of that drawing - which is what I see in the view.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
~sigh~

When I first place the drawing it works. YEAH!

When I update the drawing, I'm back to the same place. View way off in space and a manual re-trim is required. BOO!

But, hey, at least it saves me the first manual retrim - I'm grateful for that!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try playing with the drawing's anchor point on the layout. I have the most success with "Use drawings Origin as Anchor", instead of picking a corner or midpoint, when drawing extents sometimes change.
__archiben
Booster
mc0m wrote:
When I first place the drawing it works. YEAH!

When I update the drawing, I'm back to the same place. View way off in space and a manual re-trim is required. BOO!
right - i think you've got something a little more major going on there than you first thought. once a drawing is placed - no matter how you do it - the cropped area is locked in place.

can you take us step-by-step through your process to see if we can find anything that might be amiss?

cheers
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone for your help. Dave Tauer helped me get this to a point where I could get an intermediate set of documents out and now I'm on deadline with another set. The problem hasn't gone away, but at least I could get a preliminary set issued.

When I come back to this project, I'll write up the issue in more detail.

Thanks again and I'll look forward to hearing more.
Djordje
Virtuoso
Do you maybe have a DWG placed somewhere? Is that DWG long way away from the origin?

The problem has been discussed before; can't find the link now ... sorry
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen