cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Drawing attributes in PM10

Scott Bulmer
Booster
I am unable to find the settings shown in the attached image from PM9 in PM10. These setting relate to placed drawings in layouts and have been very useful to me in the past. Are they now gone for good, or no good as the case may be?
Thanks,
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott wrote:
Steve,
I'm sorry to bother you with this, but we have the same AC10 build but I don't have the Grid Element Tool as an option in the Tool Settings DB, and I don't see it in the Add-ons folder. Any other thoughts at your convenience?
Thanks,
Scott
You need to download this from the graphisoft web site and then load the add-on. Go to your help menu in Archicad and chose goodies. This will take you to the location that you can download this and other add-ons
owen
Newcomer
I just discovered the missing Preview on Layout settings too. I missed this thread so I posted over here.

I just don't get why GS keeps removing features like this that work fine and people are using. Did anyone say 'hey this feature to speed up working with large drawings is really crap, can you get rid of it in the next version'?

I dont think so.

I hate to sound like im complaining all the time but its shit like this that i find incredibly infuriating. It might not seem like much but the difference between being able to move quickly and smoothly around in layouts and waiting 30 secs for a refresh everytime you do something *really* builds up the blood pressure, especially when you know it was better in an earlier version.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
David Pacifico
Booster
To be able to see your drawing without it updating every-time you open the Layout, change the "Update Type" from Automatic to Manual.

Use the Drawing Manger to check and update the drawings, or right click on the drawing to update.

HTH
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
Scott Bulmer
Booster
David,
Do you know of a way to set the default update drawing to 'Manual' when placing drawings?
Thanks,
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
TomWaltz
Participant
I had tried setting that in the Drawing Tool, but it did not seem to stick.
Tom Waltz
David Pacifico
Booster
Do you know of a way to set the default update drawing to 'Manual' when placing drawings?
No, but I was able to select multiple Drawings in the Navigator (Ctrl-Click) or the Drawing Manger and then change all the settings at once.
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Thanks Tom/David,
I tried the Drawing Settings tool as well, then settled on mass re-setting.

Back on the Grid Element topic, in Steve Jepson's June 15 post below he has an image of the Grid Element appearing in the Design Tools menu. I have downloaded this from the GS & confirm that the apx is loaded in the Add-On Manager, however that tool does not appear in my Design Tools menu like in Steve's image. And in the Work Environment menu settings, it shows that it should be visible in that menu. It is available in the toolbar, but not the dropdown DT menu. Not a big deal, but would like to clean things up.
Thanks,
Scott
owen
Newcomer
David wrote:
To be able to see your drawing without it updating every-time you open the Layout, change the "Update Type" from Automatic to Manual.

Use the Drawing Manger to check and update the drawings, or right click on the drawing to update.
This stops AC from automatically updating drawing contents everytime you change layouts but it does not stop the computers need to redraw/refresh the screen contents everytime you move around on or between layouts. This can take a considerable amount of time for drawings containing a lot of information like lines and hatches. This is why being able to set drawings to preview in Bitmap or Outline on the layouts was so useful as it substantially reduced the amount of information to redraw.

Again it might not sound like much but right now I'm working on layouts containing elevations and sections of a 4 storey louvred building containing shadows, vectorial hatching, people, trees, etc and every time i do anything at all on the layout it takes upwards of 1 minute to refresh the screen. In v9 we could set them all to Bitmap/Outline and have near instant response - but not anymore in v10. Doing the same work in v10 is taking me 5x> longer than it did in v9 because of only this.

This is just not acceptable and we would really appreciate an explanation as to why this feature has been removed ...
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
In v9 we could set them all to Bitmap/Outline and have near instant response - but not anymore in v10. Doing the same work in v10 is taking me 5x> longer than it did in v9 because of only this.
I know this is not the answer you're looking for Owen, because On-screen View Options are global (the same whether you're in the modeling environment or the layouting environment), but does unchecking the 'Vectorial Hatching' help you any?

It is a shame that this feature seems to have disappeared.

Cheers,
Link.
owen
Newcomer
Thanks for the tip ... it helps a little bit but the shear number of lines in the (modeled) multi-skinned louvred facade is the real killer.
cheers,

Owen Sharp