Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Export to DWG overlapping items

stevini
Booster

Hello Folks 🙂

I draw a multi-storeys building and I need to export it in dwg. When I visualize, for instance the second floor, and export it to dwg, the file I get shows all the elements underneath the selected floor I am exporting. So, while in Archicad, the floor plan is clean, in autocad, it shows the second floor overlapping the 3 floors below.

How can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I managed to solve the problem! I had to select each element on each floor and in "Floor Plan Display" select "Home Story Only". In this way I have a dwg drawing clean and tidy exactly the same I visualize in Archicad. Thanks anyway a lot for the support!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hello Stevini,

You have to prepare a layout with all your level plans and publish this layout with the right DWG export translator. By this way you are able to get all your level plans into the "Object" space into Autocad.

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

So I create one layout drawing which inclused 4 plans of my building, I save the drawing in DWG, and the result is the same as the previous one. Any wrong passage? Btw I am using Archicad 25

Yes wrong passage about dwg translator parameters. 🤗

Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

I am editing the paramenters. I do not find any parameter which includes only the visible items. The only thing I find is visible layer but it doesn't work because the layer of the walls are the same in every floor. There isn't any straight forward and preset way to have a dwg clean as tidy as in the viewport in Archicad?

English is not my birth language, I'm not able to explain you as well as I want. Share you file and I will do it for you.

Christophe - FRANCE

well.. thank you very much! I cannot attach .pln files here so I will attach a link to wetransfer:

https://we.tl/t-b8B0tqRGN9

Into AC you should put all your level plan views into one layout

Capture d’écran 2021-10-06 à 21.41.58.png

Then add this DWG export translators into Archicad before publishing DWG : 

https://fromsmash.com/all-dwg-into-one

It seems to be like this :

Capture d’écran 2021-10-06 à 21.41.36.png

All your level plan views into Autocad "Object" space through one publication.

Is it what you need ?

Christophe - FRANCE

Then you are able to change hatches, lines or pen type correspondences between Archicad and Autocad. It's possible to export windows, doors or cut hatches into associated layers too.

Christophe - FRANCE

I don't know how to use all-dwg-into-one.xml