Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
"% 25" fill will read as vectorial in AC9 but in AC10 reads only as bitmap regardless if "on screen view option" set to "vectorial". I am using the shading fills, like "% 25", to illustrate a logo in layout. But when plotted the logo comes out solid black. Can anyone comment here?

Furthermore, the series of "%" fills that come standard out of the box with AC are simple points. Does anyone know how these fills are created?

Best Regards!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
i figured out the first part of the question. for some reason the "%" fill templates brought in from 9 (our office standards) did not behave the same in 10. after deleting 9 fills in manager and appending 10 fills i achieved desired results.

If anyone can vouch a guess at second question, then by all means. Otherwise, i will delete this thread to keep forum tidy.
Djordje
Ace
Are your pens all set to black or are you printing with "all colors to black"?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried printing "all colors to black" and "grayscale" but had the same results. The issue was the fills were imported from old pre-AC10 template and behaved differently in 10. I overwrote the template with some AC10 fills and the problem was solved. Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
jprashaw wrote:
"% 25" fill will read as vectorial in AC9 but in AC10 reads only as bitmap regardless if "on screen view option" set to "vectorial". I am using the shading fills, like "% 25", to illustrate a logo in layout. But when plotted the logo comes out solid black. Can anyone comment here?

Furthermore, the series of "%" fills that come standard out of the box with AC are simple points. Does anyone know how these fills are created?

Best Regards!
I make it a point in my office to delete all percentage fills in our templates everytime ArchICAD is released. They only make extravagantly large files when you export to pdf and are very memory intensive in ArchiCAD. Why not just use solid fills, use grey pens to get a washed look if that is what you are after.