Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Footing Construction

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I'm designing a residential footing - I'm using the footing tool from my add-on library. When I return to the drawing after choosing the footing tool a polygonal footing is placed in the drawing - I cannot seem to change or create a new geometry for the footing. Thank you in advance for your help.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chris, the slab tool is an easy way to make a fully editable footing.
TomWaltz
Participant
Are you placing the footing manually or are you associating it with a slab?

The accessories are all intended to be associated with something, so that the slab you associate a footing with determines its path
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
When you make the move to 10, the profile wall is a good means of doing footing and stem wall (w/ mud sill) all in a single wall. One advantage of the slab tool is that the level elevation tool can use gravity with slabs which is nice for sloped sights and stepped footings. I haven't used the accessory, but I assume it makes a library part. Most of these are editable to an extent by selecting it and going to the object setting dialog box. You will be limited in your editing depending on the parameters that are available.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all your help - I'm not sure how to link the footing to the slab. I've tried different elevation heights for the slab and the footing and the polygonal/uneditable footing does not follow the path of the slab. I'm new to using accessories and am not sure how to link them. Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chris

Select your slab, then go to Design> Design Extras> Accessories and pick the slab accessory, then assign properties. When you click OK it will follow the slab shape.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all for your help - I followed Stuart's instructions and it worked like a charm. Take care.