Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Good Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
Teamwork 2 - I'm a one man shop but know people I trust to hire on a job by job basis that I can manage from my office- Great
Oriented Views - good
Annotated Schedule Drawings - good!
Improved Object Handling - good
Intelligent “Soft” Insulation - good
DWG Enhancements - good
Data Exchange with Engineers - good
Improvements for Slabs/Roofs - Great!!!
Improved Curtain Wall Editing - Great!!
64-bit Support for Windows - Looking forward to mac 64 bit

Also looking forward to more improvements due to database restructuring. All in all looks like a good upgrade for me.
21 REPLIES 21
KeesW
Advocate
I am very excited about the new upgrade and can't wait to get it!
What seems so good? Well Teamwork for starters. As a small firm, we haven't used TW until the last 3 weeks and we saw the benefits. In fact, we could not have finished the job without it. TW2 looks much better and we'll certainly use it.

64bit is what we've been waiting for. We are all running Vista 64 (and before that we had XP64) on our computers and it seems that we will finally get to access the power that has so been lurking in the background as a potential benefit. Bring it on! With more RAM - say 8MB, how much faster will our computers be?

We also look forward to the smaller incremental improvements. Come on middle of the month!

Oh yes, broadband and TW2. We get upto about 12MB/sec (out of a theoretical max of 20MB/sec. Pretty good, I think - why do we need so much more?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Erika Epstein
Booster
Danj wrote:
I am a one man office and though there were things I would have like to have seen implemented, but not, I think this is a good move and don't really feel ripped off at all.
If Graphisoft can increase its user base from these new features then it can only mean better things for the future. No software is perfect but I am a big fan of archicad and will keep using it.
Its just nice to see the ship moving forward again instead of sinking.
Dan, You will enjoy the new TW2 as a solo practitioner every time you work remotely. You can just log into the server and have the latest file to work off.
If you ever work with other AC users this will make it even easier.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"