Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

HOW DO YOU OPEN AUTOCAD 14 TO SCALE IN ARCHICAD 8.1?

Anonymous
Not applicable
HOW DO YOU OPEN AUTOCAD 14 TO SCALE IN ARCHICAD 8.1? I HAVE SPENT SEVERAL DAYS TRYING TO FIND THE ANSWER, CAN ANYONE HELP. WHEN YOU MEASURE THE EXISTING SCALE, I ONLY GET 1'3" FOR A 5' DISTANCE.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
check the translator. You will need to set up a different translator to translate at 1:12 instead of 1:1. I find this often when bringing in DWG files from surveyors. They tend to draw in units of decimal feet, rather than inches.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The difference here is not a factor of twelve. I would suspect a metric to imperial problem except that the ratio is an even 1:4.
Djordje
Ace
danlawrence wrote:
HOW DO YOU OPEN AUTOCAD 14 TO SCALE IN ARCHICAD 8.1? I HAVE SPENT SEVERAL DAYS TRYING TO FIND THE ANSWER, CAN ANYONE HELP. WHEN YOU MEASURE THE EXISTING SCALE, I ONLY GET 1'3" FOR A 5' DISTANCE.
You should know:

1. What are the units used in AutoCAD
2. What is the scale the AutoCAD DWG is made for

After you know this, set the same units in ArchiCAD translator, set the same scale in ArchiCAD, and open.

If all of the above does not help, there is a Resize under the Edit menu. Suspend groups, and do it graphically. As your aspect ratio is exactly 4, you can just resize the whole thing 400% and finish it off; HOWEVER, for the future, learn the procedure!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen