Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Have ArchiCad 14 yet? What do you think?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine has not come yet but I am interested in hearing people's reaction.
46 REPLIES 46
kevin b
Contributor
The speed slow down/lag issues are a huge problem for me. All our projects are Teamwork and everytime I try to reserve something there is 5-10 seconds of spinning beach ball waiting, same on release. Even worse when trying to deal with Library Manager. If the whole point of TW2.0 is that you grab what you need when you need it and then release, this slow down is a killer. Absolutely awful on this front.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Dennis Lee
Booster
How did you open the file? Browse for teamwork file or from recently opened files? In my case, the recently opened files had the correct project names, but the server name was somehow referencing the server's computer name and not the domain address like I set it up to be. When I opened the file from the recent files (with the computer name), then it seemed to have some slowdown for me. When I "browse for teamwork files", I can select the correct file with the correct server name, which feels quicker to reserve, etc. Maybe worth a look.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
kevin b
Contributor
I usually browse rather than open recent but I will see if it makes a difference.

I should say that we are apparently networked differently to the BIM server now than wwe were in AC13. The IT guy is looking into possible issues on that end.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Arcadia
Booster
Despite negative comments others are making, I'm actually enjoying the upgrade. I find layout and view rebuilding/refreshing noticeable faster (particularly schedules). It's more stable than v13 (I was having occasional freezing episodes in v13 that showed the busy icon for about 3 minutes before coming back to life). I like the shadows in open GL though admittedly you need to leave them switched off most of the time so you don't slow down general modelling. I agree that the list of general improvements is not huge but then again its a process of evolution. I also notice that the time since the V13 was not that long so maybe they are getting these minor improvements out of the way in order to do something major in v15? For me its always worth upgrading and keeping with the subscription as I also get updates and more improvements with the Cadimage and 4Dlibrary I use as well so overall I am a happy camper!!
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Chazz
Enthusiast
One bright spot in an otherwise poor upgrade: saving Open GL 3D window now actually works. For the last several versions, saved Open GL windows would give very strange and unusable results. This was true if the 3D window was saved as a JPG or saved as a view and placed on a layout. Sometimes I would need to take screenshots instead. Pretty poor for a 3D BIM tool.

This fix is a huge deal for me and my work but it is not something ANYONE should have to pay a full upgrade for.

On the other hand, the interior elevation tool is still broken (the transparent wall issue).

Sigh.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Arcadia
Booster
Chazz wrote:
On the other hand, the interior elevation tool is still broken (the transparent wall issue).
Yes this is still an issue. I have noticed that when I align the interior elevation marker up with the non-core lining of the wall it sometimes diseapears but I have not been having the problem since I started lining the marker extent line up with the core component of the wall and treating the lining as though it doesn't exist. I think this is some glitch with the entire model/core only display.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz wrote:
One bright spot in an otherwise poor upgrade: saving Open GL 3D window now actually works. For the last several versions, saved Open GL windows would give very strange and unusable results. This was true if the 3D window was saved as a JPG or saved as a view and placed on a layout. Sometimes I would need to take screenshots instead. Pretty poor for a 3D BIM tool..
I did not install 14, first hotfix not ready for the French version (NEVER install before 1st hotfix if you are an "ordinary user").
But up to V13, I found a simple way to get an useable image of the OpenGL windows. Before saving, give a large size into the 3D windows setting (5000 pixel, AFAIR it restricts automatically the size), the JPEG you get is acceptable for the screen or an A5 print.