cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Have you receive your 16 and how is it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to follow up who will be the first one to work with the new morph tool
67 REPLIES 67
Bill
Contributor
My trace reference causes massive slowdowns, too. That feature is now unusable.

Needs to be fixed, fast.
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
The slow downs for me seemed to have gone away when I set the migration library 15 and archicad 16 library as the main one.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I installed 16 and migrated a AC 15 into it. The three-D capabilities are much slower. Orbiting in 3D is rough, zooming almost impossible, selecting objects and transferring parameters unbelievably slow, if not impossible.
Photo rendering of the exact same view in 15 takes 1 minute and in AC 16 I stopped waiting at 6 minutes. I am on Mac Intel, 9 MB ram, NVIDIA Quado FX4500 Video card. Would be interested in other experiences with this.
I am going to try on my laptop and see if the same problem exists.
Karl Ottenstein
I wonder what is the cause of such different experiences... For me, 16 feels faster than 15 - 3D is extremely fluid. I've found nothing that is slower than 15 (yet)...

Sounds like a job for tech support to see why some configurations have such bad performance issues.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Carl
Are you on a mac? what generation, what video card?
Jay
Karl Ottenstein
JDC001 wrote:
Are you on a mac? what generation, what video card?
Hi Jay - Yes, Mac Pro Early 2008 - specs in my signature. Main upgrades to the original machine are the 5770 graphics card, an SSD boot drive and and more/bigger internal drives.

Yours - including OS version? (You can create a signature with your specs by clicking the text "Profile" link near the top right of this page.) Did the laptop (it's specs?) do any better?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Carl,
I have included machine specs. I upgraded to a FX4500 and noticed some speed difference when I did. Had to purchase special connectors to make it work with dual monitors as the Mac Pro is a 1,1. I am actually thinking about upgrading to a new MacPro. In terms of tech support, I have emailed the file to them to test. If they don't have the same problems, it is probably my machine.
Jay
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
For me, 16 feels faster than 15 - 3D is extremely fluid. I've found nothing that is slower than 15 (yet)....
16 is faster for me as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable
16 is faster for me than 15.

Buy when i select in work environment -2D antialising option for opengl hardware acceleration - then selection marque is not visible in 2D and 3D . Seems my videocard is not fully compatible with 16.

from 2008 old PC

8 GB RAM DDR2 (4sticks)
PROC Q9450 @3200Mhz
VIDEO ATI HD4870 gddr5
RAID_0 2X7200 RPM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just as a follow up from my earlier post listing issues we have had since upgrading to 16.

We have now begun encountering a strange fish-eye effect when navigating in 3D using Orbit. I am assuming this is a glitch, or graphics incompatibility?

Will graphisoft be offering any response to those of us who are reporting problems? Or at least an invitation to investigate our files or systems?

I have begun capturing screen footage of aforementioned issues as a record. We are still not best pleased that our upgrade fee has gone towards making the software worse instead of better.