cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Have you receive your 16 and how is it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to follow up who will be the first one to work with the new morph tool
67 REPLIES 67
Anonymous
Not applicable
got to say that on mac 16 is painfully slow; mouse zoom, trace, select all have a delay.
emptied cache etc. but no joy.

Tried on a PC and sems to be much quicker, but then question is are Apple still going to support desktop machines in the future or is it going completely mobile?

we are looking at moving over to PC's
JaredBanks
Mentor
Cadaron, maybe it's your graphics card? Or 10.6.8. Those are the two big differences I see between your set up and mine (though I am on a laptop so I'm sure there are plenty more). And I'm having no issues here working on a Mac.

Have you tried a different Mac?
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
I downloaded the 30 day trial version yesterday to have a look at and I've also got to report poor performance in the 3d window. It's so slow and unresponsive that it is almost unusable.

Selecting the Internal 3D Engine instead of the default OpenGL 3D Engine makes it somewhat more responsive, but even with a very simple model it is incredibly difficult to orbit or zoom.

I've used ArchiCAD 15 on the same computer and the 3D window worked absolutely perfectly, even with very complex models so I don't see why performance would be so poor with 16.

Are there any settings I could possibly alter to make it more responsive?

-----------------------
Windows Vista 32 BIT
4GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3400 Graphics Card
Barry Kelly
OpenGL engine should be much more responsive than the Internal Engine in 3D as it is using the graphics card.
If this is not the case then I would suspect something wrong with the graphics card or the driver.
As you say it worked fine in 15 I would suspect the driver.
Try updating it from the card manufacturers web site.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help Barry. I tried to update the driver but the latest version was the one I already had so that wasn't an option.

I read earlier in the thread about people buying new graphics cards to make the 3D window work, but mine is only 4 years old and since it worked so well with AC15 I can't see how it can be so bad with 16. Have there been major changes to the way AC works in the 3D window which may be slowing everything down?

PS. For what it's worth, navigation in the 2D window is working exactly as I would expect it, and exactly as I remember 15 working; very fast and responsive, redraws very quickly when zooming etc.
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
The new features of ArchiCAD 16 (e.g. real-time feedback, protractor, cutting plane display) are displayed with the help of the OpenGL capabilities.
Which cases do you experience the slowness in 3D exactly?
It is worth to try to resize the 3D window and do the same navigation as in full view. If it works well this way, probably your video card has not enough memory to display the 3D.

The new functions mentioned above can be turned off by setting the '3D Shaded Feedback Fallback' registry key to 1. (Find more details here: http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/AntialiasingNotAvailableWithCertainVideoCards#Solution)

Please let me know, if there is anything I can help you with.
Katalin Takacs
Dave Jochum
Advocate
I've had no speed issues with AC16 on my machine at all...until today. Something is seriously wrong. Selections are painfully slow, movement of objects, most every maneuver. I can't double-click in a label or text field. All windows--2D or 3--have issues. I think I will jump to Mountain Lion. have been holding off for other software reasons, but this problem in AC can't continue.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Dave wrote:
I've had no speed issues with AC16 on my machine at all...until today. Something is seriously wrong. Selections are painfully slow, movement of objects, most every maneuver. I can't double-click in a label or text field. All windows--2D or 3--have issues. I think I will jump to Mountain Lion. have been holding off for other software reasons, but this problem in AC can't continue.
Very peculiar. Problem is gone. I did nothing. Sluggishness lasted a day and a half. It's a mystery.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)