cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Have you receive your 16 and how is it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to follow up who will be the first one to work with the new morph tool
67 REPLIES 67
jclewis
Booster
Hi Karl

With a similar computer but a lesser graphics card, I am experiencing serious problems working in the 3d window, especially with the morph tool. Shrinking the window size helps, but does not eliminate the problem.

AC 15 ran fine (and fast).

I'm sure it's the graphic card/memory since we don't seem to have those issues on our other, newer Macs.

A pity - the computer is only four years old, but it looks like I'll have to install a new graphics card (or wait until 2013 for a new Mac Pro).

Jim
James C Lewis
AC 24 (Full)
Mac Pro (Late 2013) OS 10.13.5
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Jim,

That's kind of surprising / disturbing that you (old, granted) 512 MB 8800 card cannot seem to support 16, even with a smaller 3D window - since otherwise your and my machine are pretty similar.

Will ask if someone at GS might comment. Could you describe in detail the problems you see to help them out?

Totally, OT, of course ... but here is a benchmark comparing your 8800 to some newer cards including the 5770 from 2010:
http://www.barefeats.com/wst10g6.html
I got my 3,1 Mac Pro with the 2600 - which you can see was doggier than the 8800 and did not support OpenCL (C not G). Given that your 8800 is not THAT much slower than the 5770... it seems weird that you're seeing problems.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
I agree. The 3,1 and the 8800 card works fine for me.
Dwight Atkinson
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
RE: Graphics Card issues. Some of the new features in ArchiCAD 16 utilize more advanced graphics capabilities of OpenGL. We designed them to spec for OpenGL but have discovered that certain video card configurations have some bugs in the display, primarily on the Mac platform. The manufacturer's have been notified and we are awaiting their response. Here is some more info about this: http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/AntialiasingNotAvailableWithCertainVideoCards

Hang tight guys. My iMac at work is suffering the same fate with an ATI card so I do feel your pain. In the meantime I have changed my Plist setting and this has improved my experience greatly until the driver update appears in a software update from Apple.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Karl Barker
Contributor
NCornia wrote:
RE: Graphics Card issues. Some of the new features in ArchiCAD 16 utilize more advanced graphics capabilities of OpenGL. We designed them to spec for OpenGL but have discovered that certain video card configurations have some bugs in the display, primarily on the Mac platform. The manufacturer's have been notified and we are awaiting their response. Here is some more info about this: http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/AntialiasingNotAvailableWithCertainVideoCards

Hang tight guys. My iMac at work is suffering the same fate with an ATI card so I do feel your pain. In the meantime I have changed my Plist setting and this has improved my experience greatly until the driver update appears in a software update from Apple.
Sorry, but you have got to be kidding.
So essentially no iMac computers or probably half the mac pro's out there can run archicad 16 properly until apple release a firmware update.
How long has this been known about?
Does anyone have any idea when this might be sorted out?

I guess I will have to stick to my usual standard that we do not install a new version of Archicad for around six months or probably until the second hotfix has been issued.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

27" iMac 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9
32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
At the moment we know only about the linked antialiasing issue that can cause similar 3d display problem in ArchiCAD 16. I recommend checking that article. If the workaround does not help or the problem seems different in your case, please contact us through our distributor channel: http://www.graphisoft.com/purchase/
The detailed computer specifications, files and the steps-to-reproduce helps in the investigation and in resolving the issues as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Katalin Takacs
jclewis
Booster
Karl

What I'm getting is a lot a screen breakup - see attached.

Of course, when I tried to pull a screen shot this morning, the program behaved very nicely and the breakup was rather mild.

jcl
James C Lewis
AC 24 (Full)
Mac Pro (Late 2013) OS 10.13.5
Rakela Raul
Participant
i have played with ac16 for a few days and it seems quicker, no crashes either ... and looks great !!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
nitizz
Booster
using AC 16 since 2 weeks
upgrade from AC15 to AC16
everything works well just getting a little problem on the preview layout
see some black spot on my window schedule layout
but it looks ok on my window schedules list
even for door schedules it is the same

Can anyone help me please

here the attached file
Screen shot 2012-07-23 at 10.39.08 AM.png
AC27 INT FULL

27-inch 2019 iMac Retina 5K 10.14.6 macOS Mojave

3.6 GHz Core I9 Radeon Pro 580X 8GB

www.rethinkstudio.mu
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
My first thought is that you may want to check your Model View Options where you can control the various Fill Overrides. Maybe one of them is causing this behavior.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27