cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hotlinked Modules improper Wall Connection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello !

After painfully adjusting wall intersections in a module I found out that they are not properly displayed in the original file.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Lingwisyer
Guru
Can you post an image of your issue? How are they displaying? How are you wanting them to display?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
It could be your procedure.
If you have a PLN file that you saved a module from, and then you edited that module, you will not have changed the original PLN file - unless at the time of saving the module you ticked the box to 'Replace selection with module'.
Any file that contains the module should automatically update with the change the next time you open it - or it will let you know this it needs to be updated in the hotlink manager if the file is already open and the module is modified and saved.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I could've sworn that I attached this pic to the original post.

The wall intersections in question are a direct hotlink to the module, the original walls are long gone.
I figured out that the material properties in the project file and the module file have small differences and fixing this slightly improved the situation, but it seems that there's another cause(s).

Thank you for the responses.
Barry Kelly
Do you mean the connections are fine in the module file but not in the HOST file (this is different to the original file which would be where the module was created).

Could it be that your layer intersection priority numbers are different in the layer combinations used in each file?
If the walls are in different layers then those layers need to to have the same intersection priority number - you can find that in the layer settings dialogue.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Have you modelled the insulation as a separate wall the to wall itself? If so, do the reference lines overlap each other? If this is the case, I would move the insulation into a different Intersection Group.

I solved a similar looking problem with an exterior cladding that I modelled on to the exterior of a wall this way. Each time I loaded the file, the connecting walls would change how they would intersect... Or you could move the reference line.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660