Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How can i make this shape?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I was wondering how it is possible to make this kind of walls in archicad. I see they are used very often in the modern architecture and I thought it would be easy to make them in archicad, but i really can't figure it out how. I would like to create this wall with some openings made in other than orthogonal directions ( not as the basic windows in archicad) . I find it very complex using the wall tool because that would require for me to create an additional roof for every wall to trim it to the desired shape, and then i would have to adjust all the walls's edges to make the building envelope continuous and that would really take me forever.
Any help is welcome
Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
I would make the panels with the slab tool, and make a larger, simplified underlying structure out of just a few walls. I suppose you could also try using the curtain wall tool, but I would need to play with that one a bit. Maybe someone else has more ideas on that?

You can make irregular window holes by using solid element operations and the beam tool, with the beams being on an invisible layer. They will cut a hole through the wall (but not a panel overlying the wall).

You can also create your own window shapes with just a bit of GDL. Reference the Building Objects Creation interactive training guide from Graphisoft.com.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks... i thought there were easier ways
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
You may want to look into the Objective add-on by Ralph Wessel, a frequent contributor to the forums.

His website is http://www.encina.co.uk/objective.html

It is a tool that allows for a bit more freedom in the creation of abstract shapes such as the one you are showing. You can download a trial or use it for free if a student.
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Here is a previous post you should read through:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=34317&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Those walls can be done fairly easily with the wall tool using the slanted and/or sloping options. The only tricky part would be the sloping tops and bottoms which would need SEOs, but still not hard.