Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do i create a curved glass with a print on?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to create a curved glass wall with a screenprint on (a picture or a pattern). How do i create it?

I know how to create the curved glass, its the printed pattern that is the problem.

Thx
8 REPLIES 8
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dave555,

The best way is to create a PNG in Photoshop or GIMP and apply it as a material to the glass wall. I checked to see how well it would work with a curved wall, works great. See below.

Use this tutorial from Florian Heise as a guide: http://education.heise.com.au/DEB201-2010/Archicad%20Mini%20Tutorial%2013b%20-%20Creating%20Billboar...
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another mode: If you would like to have a circular elements, we come to the aid of the command SEO (Solid Element Operation) - Intersection:
1. Model View (plan) through walls, make fence element desired shape (rectangular metal profiles)
2. Now create vault (arc, elliptical, any shape - Complex Profile) with an appropriate radius and put it in the right position in relation to previously constructed walls
3. Select the walls and vault and displays them in 3D box
4. Run SEO Target walls, vault operator, select Intersection and press Execute
5. Now put the dome on a invisible Layer and then show off. You see the finished fence element, which is not yet properly turned into the space. Select the Parallel Projection Settings> Settings Perspective> Side View and Azimuth 90 °> OK.
6. Fence components are now visible in the bird perspective. Select them, choose the command File> Libraries and Objects> Save 3D Model as .... Object (under Options> Non-editable binary 3D data, but if you later want to add an object parameter, select Editable GDL Script).
7. Use this object for the new fence installation. Looking at vertical sections from the inside, we see that they are not facing normal to the curvature of the auxiliary arch. In this case you should use the "sloping walls" instead of vertical.
Fence element-Arched_1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Picture 2:
Fence element-Arched_2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Picture 3:
Anonymous
Not applicable
Picture 4:
Anonymous