Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to assign keystroke to assign Renovation status?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm wanting to select objects and quickly assign them to one of the three Existing/Demo/New statuses, via keystroke.
I can't find any relevant commands to assign to a keystroke. Do they exist somewhere I've overlooked?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
With the element selected, click the Tags and Categories button in the Info Box. Then you will have the Reno Filter field available for settings.

AS you probably know, you can go to the Work Environment Dialog and rearrange the position and order of panels in the Info Box for each Tool. So in case you use it a lot, you can bring the Tags and Categories panel closer to the front in the order of Info Box panels.
Sometimes I do this with the Element ID panel when I want to set the ID of many elements. Then I can simply move this panel back to its original place when finished. Or you can even save it as a new Tool Scheme to be able to switch quickly back and forth between the various Info Box panel layouts.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply, Laszlo, but unfortunately I don't think it helps me.
I'm RSI-afflicted, so I need to keep my mouse clicking down to a minimum and assign as much to the keyboard as possible.

In Options > Work Environment > Keyboard Shortcuts, I can't find any relevant commands to which I can assign a keyboard shortcut.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I see.
Unfortunately the field is located within a Settings Dialog and it is not possible to set a keyboard shortcut to access a field within a Settings Dialog or the Info Box.
Keyboard shortcuts can normally be assigned to commands that can be placed onto a Toolbar or the menu bar.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27