Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to create a chamfered shape

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I have some troubles creating this kind of form in ArchiCAD.. Is it posible?

01.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
No tools within ArchiCAD will create masses with rounded edges like that, but ArchiCAD itself can do it via GDL (e.g., the FPRISM_ command).

To avoid programming a GDL script, add-ons such as Cigraph's ArchiForma allow for easy, visual creation of such shapes. See:
http://www.cigraph.it/cigraph/pagetrans.do?action=current_product&prodotti_id=2&lang=en

(There was a free add-on which did this, but it is not available any longer.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
it's very hard, almost imposibile, but you can try with autocad inventor 2009, it very fast to do that. But arhicad do not support the files made by inventor.
adzik
Newcomer
Read the Archicad help files or search this forum for "Custom Profile". It requires some fiddling about but it gets the job done rather easily if You know what You're doing.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
WhiteMan wrote:
Hello, I have some troubles creating this kind of form in ArchiCAD.. Is it posible?
There are many ways to make this using OBJECTiVE. If you refer to the attached image, I made the main body of the form by drawing its cross-section with the fill tool and creating a new section profile object with the menu OBJECTiVE > Component > New Profile. The shaping at the ends can be done in many ways, but I simply made another section profile object for the edges and a lathed profile object for the corner. You can then use OBJECTiVE's tools to rotate and cut the form as required.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems