cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to make a frameless glass?

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI there,

I was unable to make frameless glass.

i am attaching a file which i have downloaded so that i can show what i want to achieve.

could any pl. suggest how this can be achieved

further to this image if the design is of exterior glass with web fittings and with wall in between.

pertvara3.jpg
12 REPLIES 12
Petros Ioannou
Booster
you can use the wall tool!
Make a very thin wall with a glass material applied and the appropriate fill and settings.

Petros
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Anonymous
Not applicable
ya

i was also guessing so.

but will that be treated as glass or a wall in material or BOQs.

what about web fittings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
HI,

there is glass curtain walls handy if you use the objects tool and look in one of the subfolders under the 1.4 folder. These can be used both with and without frames.
rajeshd wrote:
HI there,

I was unable to make frameless glass.

i am attaching a file which i have downloaded so that i can show what i want to achieve.

could any pl. suggest how this can be achieved

further to this image if the design is of exterior glass with web fittings and with wall in between.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
There is a door in the AC 9 library called D1 Entrance St that has various types of patch fittings which look similar to what you have shown.

I would just draw a wall 12 - 15mm thk with a glass texture applied. If you want joints in the glass then you can either draw individual sheets of glass or you could draw one wall and insert "Empty Hole" windows 10mm wide to appear like the joints.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
fuzzytnth3
Booster
rajeshd wrote:
ya

but will that be treated as glass or a wall in material or BOQs.

what about web fittings.
Re the BoQs I would allocate it by layers and get it to Schedule it based on that.

Re spider fittings there is this object available at Objects Online Structural Glass Tool. I haven't seen anything similar going for free.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
Re spider fittings there is this object available at Objects Online Structural Glass Tool. I haven't seen anything similar going for free.
Actually I seem to remember seeing them somewhere for free, but can't seem to remember where - I think I may even have a copy somewhere. Haven't done those types of projects just yet, but you never know... ('course that'll mean I'll have to find the object then... )
Anonymous
Not applicable
If using walls as glass panels (and rendering in Lightworks) use Dwight's tip and assign a dark green high refraction glass material to the wall edges for that dark line at the corners and panel joints. See "Lightworks in ArchiCAD", page 159.
Electric Flute
Booster
Sergio wrote:
Actually I seem to remember seeing them somewhere for free, but can't seem to remember where - I think I may even have a copy somewhere.
Hi,

Maybe here?

[/img]
AC26 > AC5 - Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Electric wrote:
Maybe here?
I KNEW I'd seen it before, and I thought I'd searched their site...

Anyway, that is the one I was talking about. Like I said, I've never used it but looks good.