cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to publish multiple layouts to one pdf?

Anonymous
Not applicable
"If the contents of a folder are all in PDF format, a checkbox gives you the option to Merge to one PDF file. Leaving it unchecked will publish each file in the folder as a separate PDF file." --Quoted from the help manual.

I cannot seem to find this checkbox anywhere in the publisher.
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you see that little Down arrow next to Format at the bottom of the Publishing Properties window? Hit it, and highlight the folder of your .pdf set, and check the 'Merge to one PDF file' box.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it!

Thanks. I hadn't put all of them into one folder...
When I did, then the little box appeared.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Re-learning how to do something is great fun when you're not getting paid for it eh?

On the note of putting your Layout Book into your Publisher Set, did you drag and drop from Layout to Publisher from the Organizer? If you simply drag your Layout book over, then you'll have problems if you add or remove layouts from your layout book. They won't auto update from dragging.

so. . .if you want an AUTO UPDATED publisher set, make sure that you click the Add Shortcut >>> button from your Layout book to your Publisher set in the organizer window.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is interesting. Thank you for the heads up.

Yeah, it has been an intense, low paying week getting ready for AC10's first major run...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working on my start drawing as we speak. I'd like to be working on a project here in the next few hours (hopefully).
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
so. . .if you want an AUTO UPDATED publisher set, make sure that you click the Add Shortcut >>> button from your Layout book to your Publisher set in the organizer window
Yes, after a bit of a push, GS added this button to replace the Clone Feature! Such a welcome modification as it ensures that all layouts will be included in your publishing sets, even if they are created after the publishing set is!

Cheers,
Link.
Aussie John
Newcomer
I remember seeing the "merge to one file" check box a while back but it seems to have disappeared somewhere along the line. (Mac OS) maybe it will come back in v10
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Thomas Holm
Booster
chad.lawson wrote:
Re-learning how to do something is great fun when you're not getting paid for it eh?
Thanks Chad! I hadn't noticed the shortcut button
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
No problem, glad to help out!

On another note. Has anyone else tried using publisher to plot more than one set of drawings? I'm getting the same old fun of my sheets not collating on my DesignJet 5500; in other words, I'll send out a plot telling Plotmaker to make 5 copies of the plot, and I get 5 copies of page 1, 5 copies of page 2, etc. etc.

Now, I'm not sure about the rest of you, but either HP or GraphiSoft seem to think that I have tons of spare time on my hands, and that I'm just dying to manually collate my plots when it comes time to stapling them. Anyone have any suggestions other than printing them to .pdf and running multiple copies from the .pdf file; I'm using this feature right now.