Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to remove intersection line between stair and wall(SEO)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've inserted a wall below the stair and trimmed it using SEO + Substraction + upward extrusion. The wall and the stair are using same materials and cut fills, so they look great in section(no line between them). The problem is that this is not true in elevation view. There are lines between the wall and the stair and also between the slab and the stair.

This is in 3D:
https://i.gyazo.com/e23cd7d41c08b1150177523f2938f0c5.png

This is what I get in Elevation:
https://i.gyazo.com/ae7223181cf95690ea53e585a75c47ef.png
6 REPLIES 6
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Yes it would be nice if those lines disappeared wouldn't it. AFAIK there is no way to do this. I use a solid white masking fill in Elevation or Sections to cover these small irritations.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, thanks for your help.
Jeff Kogut
Booster
We model all our stairs as complex profiles inserted as beams to eliminate these issues. We do simple linework for the plan view and have separate layers for A-STAIR-MODEL and A-STAIR to control the view on plans.
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
rgarand
Booster
If you change them all to the same layer and same material...I think the lines will clean up in elevation.
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
Anonymous
Not applicable
rgarand wrote:
If you change them all to the same layer and same material...I think the lines will clean up in elevation.
Nope, lines clean up in section but never in elevation.
ChrisB
Participant
I normally overcome this problem by using the limited stair tool to produce a staircase with treads & risers only i.e. no strings. If required, strings/baserails/handrails/newel posts are added separately via a combination of complex profiles & beams/columns

The wall can then be constructed underneath the staircase & trimmed using SEO to give a clean line free look in 3D/elevation/section

Using the stairtool to provide the minimum structure instead of a complex profile/beam solution means you still have the option to display all the normal 2D information e.g. walk line, step numbers, rise & go etc in the floor plan view as required
AC16-24 Solo (latest version)
OSX 10.15.6 - MacBook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - 64Gb DDR4 - AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB