Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to smooth out mesh around cut

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have drawn a mesh and cut out an area by using a slab and SEO's with upward extrusion. This has left a bit of a hole in my mesh. Is there an easy way to smooth out the mesh around the cut around the building? the only way i can think of is to draw extra contour lines and add them to the mesh to show the fall of the ground towards the building. Im hoping theres an easier way!

Capture.PNG
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
laz89 wrote:
I have drawn a mesh and cut out an area by using a slab and SEO's with upward extrusion. This has left a bit of a hole in my mesh. Is there an easy way to smooth out the mesh around the cut around the building? the only way i can think of is to draw extra contour lines and add them to the mesh to show the fall of the ground towards the building. Im hoping theres an easier way!
it seems you are trying to model a sudden drop with your terrain. Don't use SEO . instead offset the rim (the line that follows the natural ground) of the excavation by 1mm, and this line select to add points with no surface fitting. The nodes of the second line will get zero z values. Then select this embeded line on mesh and give all the nodes the elevation you want them to have. So you will have two embeded lines on the mesh. One that follows ground and represents the rim of the excavation and a line offseted by 1mm, with certain and common node levels that will represent the toe. And this will show correctly the sudden drop.

Regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey thanks for the reply! Sounds good - how do i actually go about doing that? haha im quite new to mesh's.
Anonymous
Not applicable
laz89 wrote:
Hey thanks for the reply! Sounds good - how do i actually go about doing that? haha im quite new to mesh's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd8wc_YksFY&list=PLnXY6vLUwlWUHdsn_7CRS0YBXHoNTS8R7

check out this play list to learn to manipulate mesh.

Regards