cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Importing Cobalt 3D models into Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can i import a 3D model from cobalt into Archicad? If so please could you explain step by step!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
mark wrote:
Can i import a 3D model from cobalt into Archicad? If so please could you explain step by step!!!
As with any 3D software, the process is one of finding what ArchiCAD imports and what Cobalt exports - and choosing the common format that provides the most data / best results.

To import anything that is 3D (other than IFC) into ArchiCAD requires that you import as a (monolithic) object - using the File > Lib > Open Object command. Examine the file formats available there.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eduardo Rolon
Yes master , here is the list of steps you have requested

1) Export 3DS from your software

2) Download and Install the Goodie 3DSin

3) Read 3DSIn documentation

4) for goodie information look in your help file

Hope the master is happy with the list, please don't whip me
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
Oops, thanks Eduardo... tired and forgot about 3DS which was the most likely common format.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB