Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Index Sheet Object Insetion in Detail Window

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
How can I insert a symbol of a Elevation like, Elevation Symbol-NCS in a detail window to create an Index sheet for my set of plans? (hopefully as an object)
Thanks,
Joseph
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
No Thoughts on it?
So let me rephrase it,
How does everyone creates an Index Sheet showing what a symbol like elevation means. To say this is ELEVATION of a building?
Thanks,
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joseph wrote:
How does everyone creates an Index Sheet showing what a symbol like elevation means. To say this is ELEVATION of a building?

If I understand you, just create an empty elevation with sample text instead of auto text. Do you mean like this...

woodster
marker.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
woodster wrote:
If I understand you, just create an empty elevation with sample text instead of auto text. Do you mean like this...

woodster
Yes, yes that is what I am looking for,
How do you make an empty elevation I thought we can only have independent details?
Also what do you mean by sample text vs. auto text?
How can put this index on a independent details, or can I?
Thanks,
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joseph wrote:

How do you make an empty elevation I thought we can only have independent details?

Just draw an Elevation line; it is not necessary that it to point to anything to appear (and don't include it in your View Set).
Joseph wrote:

Also what do you mean by sample text vs. auto text?
How can put this index on a independent details, or can I?

By default when you place this marker, Placeholders appear; PmADrNo and PmAShNo which stand for PlotMaker Autotext Drawing Number and PlotMaker Autotext Sheet Number respectively. If you Select the maker and go into the Settings dialogue box, you will notice (see picture) where the arrows are will say PlotMaker; click there and choose Custom as in the picture. Then you can enter some sample text; I put in 1 and A-201.

Try It

woodster
Anonymous
Not applicable
woodster wrote:
Just draw an Elevation line; it is not necessary that it to point to anything to appear (and don't include it in your View Set).
woodster
Great,

1. As I understand this should all be done on a Story (vs. an independent detail) perhaps called "Index" then create a View Set and import it to PM, am I correct?

2. And how do you created the Window Marker on this plan without having a wall to insert the Window so one can show the Marker of it?
Thanks Again,
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joseph wrote:

1. As I understand this should all be done on a Story (vs. an independent detail) perhaps called "Index" then create a View Set and import it to PM, am I correct?

I really hadn't thought about it but no, I would not make a separate Story for the Index, I would make a Layer and a Layer Set in which only the Index Layer was showing. I would put all parts of the Index on that one Layer and save the appropriate View to the View Set.
Joseph wrote:

2. And how do you created the Window Marker on this plan without having a wall to insert the Window so one can show the Marker of it?

Now you want to know all my secrets???

I put an Empty Door into a wall that was not as long as the door was wide and turned the contours off (see picture)

woodster
Anonymous
Not applicable
woodster wrote:
Now you want to know all my secrets???

I put an Empty Door into a wall that was not as long as the door was wide and turned the contours off (see picture)
woodster
Wow woodster, you really do not like to think inside the box.
Thank You Again,
Joseph
Djordje
Ace
Woody the Tipster Great!

For an empty elevation, you can also place a marker anywhere that it does not actually cut, and define zero depth, just in case ...

The trick of a door/window not showing can also be used for a freestanding door or window: put it in the wall of the same size, as if it is not the same height you will be bothered by the message that it is outside the wall ...

Lateral thinking is the key to ArchiCAD; anyCAD, come to think of it ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen