Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Interior Elevations : Detect & Fit to zones

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having some issues with the Interior Elevation Tool.

I have a (2) story Classroom wing. Both floors have sloped ceilings from 8'-6" to 10'-6" (Interior wall to Exterior Wall). Both floors have Zones (shown as Test1 & Test 2 on the attached image) that have been trimmed to the sloped ceilings. The Interior Elevations have been drawn in with "Detect and Fit to Zones" selected.

But, when I pull up the Interior Elevation it is displaying the entire elevation from foundation to roof.

Am I doing something wrong, misunderstanding the capability of the Interior Elevation tool, or is this an issue with the software?

Any help would be appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
Ingolf
Advocate
Hello jbissaillon!

It's annoying when the Interior Elevation Tool doesn't behave. You can of course cheat a bit here by punching in the values of the height of the storey up to the highest point of the sloped ceiling. You will then have an Interior Elevation that is covering a little bit more than asked for... It will maybe be better than your IE from bottom to top?
2009-09-23 Interior Elevation.jpg
Ingolf Sundfør, Bricklayer, Author of several Real Life Problem Solving Books for Archicaddicts in Norway.
PC/i7/W11/ArchiCAD 6.5-27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Ingolf,

That's how they were originally set up, and I can go back to that if I have to.

Just wish the tool would work correctly!
Anonymous
Not applicable
jbissaillon wrote:
Just wish the tool would work correctly!
Me too! http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=153238

Just to check, are you sure both zones are being trimmed properly? Undo any trimming/SEO on both, manually set the maximum height for each, then redo the trimming.

It seems the IE tool in AC12 doesn't really like anything other than a rectangular room with a flat ceiling, which is a shame as the automation would actually be really helpful in complex shaped rooms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Peter,

I actually looked at that post first to see if there had been any update, and since there wasn't, decided to start a new post.

I have double checked the zones to make sure they were both trimmed correctly.

Anyone have any idea if GS has looked into this?

Well, it's 2023 and this problem persists.

MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004

If this worked as it's supposed to, nothing above the ceiling nor below the floor line should be visible...IE.jpg

MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Oleksandra Vakariuk
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi all,

Thank you for raising this issue!

This looks like a known bug, DEF-10370. The issue is that the 'Detect and Fit to Zones' function might consider zones on the other side of walls or from neighboring stories, not only those that are in the Interior Elevation range. The workaround is to set the vertical range manually. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Kind Regards,

Oleksandra Vakariuk

Technical Support Engineer
sdeisher
Contributor

Will this bug be fixed for Archicad 28? Having this feature work correctly would save an incredible amount of time for my firm. We spend a substantial amount of time updating our boundary lines to fit uneven vertical areas. When ceiling heights change, our interiors department is not very happy... fixing bug DEF-10370 would change all of that. It's a bit frustrating that the feature is still in the interface if it has never been fully functional.

2023 M2 Max Macbook Pro
Sonoma 14.5
ArchiCAD 27