Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Invisible Disappearing Doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was working on a plan one afternoon and next thing i know all of my doors had disappeared. The opening remains and i can select the door but i can't see it.

I don't remember modifying anything.

It just seemed to have happened.
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey,

I'm having this same trouble in AC10. My doors will show up in 3d view but not in plan view. I have tried all the things I can think of, but nothing has worked. Where is this plan/display options?
Document>Set Model View>Model View Options
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Richard, I just went there and tried it and it still hasn't worked.
Well, maybe check your Floor Plan Cut Plane settings, and also see if when you select a door and change the display to "Symbolic" if it appears.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have checked the cut plane settings and also tried changing to symbolic and all the others. I also checked my layer settings to make sure that weren't hidden. None of them has seemed to work. Also, I can't select the doors or anything in plan view, it's like it doesn't even register that there are doors. The only way that I know there is a door is because it will show up in 3d view and from there I can select and modify it. I also double checked the door 2d settings and made sure the pen lines were black and not accidentally white or anything.... maybe it's a sign, my museum is just not meant to have doors
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kelly wrote:
I have checked the cut plane settings and also tried changing to symbolic and all the others. I also checked my layer settings to make sure that weren't hidden. None of them has seemed to work. Also, I can't select the doors or anything in plan view, it's like it doesn't even register that there are doors. The only way that I know there is a door is because it will show up in 3d view and from there I can select and modify it. I also double checked the door 2d settings and made sure the pen lines were black and not accidentally white or anything.... maybe it's a sign, my museum is just not meant to have doors
Try this:
select the wall, right click (wall selection settings) & change Floor Plan Display to Symbolic Cut.
After thet you'll be able to select your opening in floor-plan.