Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Invisible Disappearing Doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was working on a plan one afternoon and next thing i know all of my doors had disappeared. The opening remains and i can select the door but i can't see it.

I don't remember modifying anything.

It just seemed to have happened.
25 REPLIES 25
Djordje
Ace
Archibot wrote:
I was working on a plan one afternoon and next thing i know all of my doors had disappeared. The opening remains and i can select the door but i can't see it.
Where? In the plan or in the 3D or both?

Do you have black dots instead of them? That means you unloaded the library somehow.

Check Image/Elements to show in 3D and see if the doors are checked.

And, ALWAYS include your ArchiCAD version, OS and a screenshot of the problem (500x500 pixels max, 256K max)
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
archicad 8, mac pbG4 panther, the image i have provided is of the door selected. when it is not selected all i see is an opening.

i can see the door in 3d. it is still in my library. i know what black dots you are talking about and its not those. i can grab the door in 2d and modify it but i just cant see it. my door pref options are on detail.
Anonymous
Not applicable
as you can see. the door into the bathroom is invisible and the one into the bedroom is selected.
Anonymous
Not applicable
are the pen colors set to white in the 2d representation parameter section?

just a wild guess
Anonymous
Not applicable
NOPE THEY ARE GREEN AND YELLOW

AND I CHECKED THAT 'SHOW IN 3D' AND THE DOORS ARE CHECKED ON. THEY PRINT INVISIBLE TOO
Anonymous
Not applicable
This was a known problem with AC 8 but has been resolved with the "FREE" updates.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i took a closer look and i am running archicad 8.1.0v1. I looked for an update but nothing under the download section. Secondly it sounds like 8.1 is the newest version...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archibot wrote:
i took a closer look and i am running archicad 8.1.0v1. I looked for an update but nothing under the download section. Secondly it sounds like 8.1 is the newest version...
8.1 R2C is the latest....

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=2839
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is unclear what version of the update i should downlowd from the table on the link you provided. help me out