Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Is it posible to print plan with trace reference?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I'm making a site plan and I'm using the surveyor's dwg plan as a trace reference, but I want to show some structures in the site plan but I don't want to draw everything that the surveyour's plan has but at the same time I will like to show it on the print, is it posible?
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
Place the surveyors drawing behind yours in Layout. You can use a different pen set (all grey) for the surveyor if you want.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Djordje
Virtuoso
Overlay yours and surveyor's plans in the same layout, with your plan "in the front" with the transparent background.

You can print it from the plan directly, but not from the layout.

A workaround would be to print to PDF, or PMK, and then place the PDF or PMK on the layout. PMK happens only in 12 ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
When Trace & reference functionality replaced ghosting, I begged and pleaded with GS and did everything short of getting down on my knees, to have the ability to publish the reference.

Alas, it was put in the 'Future Release' bin, so now we have to use layered drawings if we want to publish. But GS did include the ability to Print from the Model view and include the Reference as an option.

I'll be keeping my eye out for it in future releases!

Cheers,
Link.