Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Is the current Archicad good enough to come back to?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I left Archicad after version 8.0 soured me on it...

I found the bugs hard to deal with and the 8.1 fix didn't really make up for the slow speed on my then state-of-the-art PowerBook. And the awkward 2-d/3-d bifurcation...

But much has happened since then...

1. Does the Maxon Form system really work well? Can you easily make non-orthogonal geometries and wild blobs/shapes, etc? Is it fast enough to go back and forth? Can you go back and forth from Maxon into Archicad and vice versa?
2. Do you still have to work on stairs and roofs in 2-d?
3. Can you make double hung windows in 3-d without having to go through 16 steps to put a lot of pieces together in different views?
4. Is the speed on the Mac acceptable? 2 ghz MacBook Pro? 2,5 ghz PowerMac? both have 2 gigs of ram
5. Does Studios Architecture still use Archicad? If not, what happened?

Do you find it fun to use?

Cheers,
Wm
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah Thomas -- I'm an ally. If I can help life for ArchiCAD users by making Graphisoft/Nemetschek (and hopefully Autodesk, too ) uncomfortable -- and improving their respective products, too, it's all good. I've never said anything inflammatory about AC because I may end up using it someday; and I HATE it when Revit trolls get on here and flame everybody -- bunch of knuckleheads!
Thomas Holm
Booster
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1