Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Is there a "PURGE" option in Archicad? like in Acad?

rob2218
Enthusiast
we need to clean out our Archicad PLN's and TW files.
Is there a "purge" type option in Archicad like there was in Autocad?
To clean out unused "stuff" (objects, profiles, fills, linetypes..etc..).

Items that aren't used but were carried over from other projects that are in need of being cleared out.....how best to do that?

thanks in advance AC guru's.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
As i read before yes, there is just go to option--elements attribute--attribute manager.
but i was wondering if there is command overkill that delete the lines above each other, i will wait answer from other members because this command consider important to me.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ahmed_hassan wrote:
i was wondering if there is command overkill that delete the lines above each other, i will wait answer from other members because this command consider important to me.
If you mean to remove duplicate elements there is an add-on available from Grahisoft. Go to menu: Help > ArchiCAD Downloads
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, i see it called check duplicates tool.But this remind me by object circular when i made it in archicad and then export it to autocad it becomes like separate many lines any solution for this?
This happens usually with me in projects.
13.jpg
rob2218
Enthusiast
Not sure if my question was answered?
Attribute Manager...yes, I am aware of the Attribute Manager but.....where within the attribute manager do you "clean out" stuff you aren't using?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Anonymous
Not applicable
ahmed_hassan wrote:
Great, i see it called check duplicates tool.But this remind me by object circular when i made it in archicad and then export it to autocad it becomes like separate many lines any solution for this?
This happens usually with me in projects.
I assume you are using DWG. I'm not sure if there is an easy solution for this. I believe ArchiCAD can smooth DWG on import but I don't know if this can be done going from ArchiCAD to AutoCAD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Select each TAB and press the button "Purge Unused"!
Attribute Manager - PURGE UNUSED.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
rob2218 wrote:
Not sure if my question was answered?
Attribute Manager...yes, I am aware of the Attribute Manager but.....where within the attribute manager do you "clean out" stuff you aren't using?
check duplicates is one way
linework consolidation is other....

good luck
Anonymous
Not applicable
Note that attribute manager regards as used any attribute that is the current default of any tool regardless of whether that attribute is actually used by any placed elements.