Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

It Can't Be !!!! (zooming in ACX )

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

Just working thru my first project in ACX, and on the whole, I am enjoying the changes, despite having to learn a whole new set of keyboard shortcuts: Shift F2 and Ctrl F2 for changing stories instead of the Ctrl 5 and 6, etc etc

And I really like the integration of Plotmaker into ACX, and even MORE, the fact that when you want to line up two layouts on a sheet, Archicad now "feels" the actual drawing itself, and not only the layout border, which is a great improvement.......

However, I can't believe that the old zoom- in method, where one hits Ctrl-/ and then picks the two opposite corners of a box around where you want to go, IS GONE !!!?????

I understand that now zooming in is done by pointing the cursor to the centerpoint of where you want to go, and using the mousewheel to zoom in, but besides being a sure recipe for carpal tunnel syndrome, what was wrong with the old way ???

Naftali

ACX WinXP Home etc.
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
The keyboard shortcut might be gone, but the icon is still on every Archicad window
Tom Waltz
Dwight
Newcomer
Sometimes you don't know what you have until it is gone.

Someone should write a song about that.

If you really like the "/" zoom in method, re-establish it with a keyboard shortcut. I find that on Mac, however, it is not as reliable as it used to be, with occasional zooming out, instead. Duh.

I play a lot with shortcuts. I even made a shortcut for the keyboard shortcut dialog.

It is worth studying the command list and deriving your own shortcuts....
zoomshortcut.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Sometimes you don't know what you have until it is gone.

Someone should write a song about that.

If you really like the "/" zoom in method, re-establish it with a keyboard shortcut. I find that on Mac, however, it is not as reliable as it used to be, with occasional zooming out, instead. Duh.
thanks Dwight (and Tom)

Dwight, your sense of humor is like a breath of fresh air !

The first time I looked in the Customize Shortcuts dialog box, before I kvetched about this, I couldn't find it, but after your post, I looked again and finally found it when I went to Commands by theme option.

Naftali
Anonymous
Not applicable
What a relief to be able to reassign this keyboard shortcut. I didn't think it was possible because it wasn't listed (File Menu > View > Zoom). Thnx Dwight! Now I can simply toggle between 'previous view' and 'zoom in'...very fast method for working. Wish I read this one back in November when it was posted.

here is a step by step:

Options > Work Environment > Keyboard ShortCuts

Instead of:
'List: "Current Menu Structure" '
change to:
'List: "All Commands in Alphabetical Order" '

then scroll down as Dwight shows....to 'Zoom In'

Click the 'text window' labled 'Click here and press desired shortcut keys:' and press 'command /' on your keyboard... click on 'Assign', click 'ok', your done.