Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Keyboard shortcut for Pan?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a keyboard shortcut for pan on a PC. I couldn't find it in the keyboard shortcut schemes. I'm trying the new Logitech MX Revolution mouse and trying to configure a button to pan.

Thanks,
Jim
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
JMM4JMC wrote:
Is there a keyboard shortcut for pan on a PC. I couldn't find it in the keyboard shortcut schemes. I'm trying the new Logitech MX Revolution mouse and trying to configure a button to pan.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim,
I lost alot of sleep about losing the Pan shortcut until I figured out that you had to set the list: to "All commands in alphabetical order"

Once you know this you should be able to find just about anything...I dont know why the other list options don't display all the old commands...kinda' confusing.

HTH,
Dan K
PAN.jpg
__archiben
Booster
JMM4JMC wrote:
jim

you shouldn't need to assign a command to the middle button. default behaviour of the mouse should automatically map 'pan' to the middle button at a low level. the problem occurs because logitech (and other companies) driver software interferes with this default behaviour.

when you need to do is turn the driver's settings for the 'scroll wheel' to "other" and then choose "middle button" . . . see here for more:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=10785

with this method you don't need to configure a shortcut within archicad at all. but as dan mentioned, the pan command can be found be listing all commands by alphabetical order, (i assume everyone knows that the easiest way to find a command in this list is to start typing the name of the command?) or it can be found in the "04. View" command theme.

hope this helps
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dan.

And thanks Ben, yes I'm familar with the middle button from my previous Logitechs. But this new Revolution mouse is quite different. The scrolling and zooming with the middle button are simply amazing. The Setpoint software would not let me assign the 'Middle Button' to the middle button. Finally I found a radio button that needed to be unchecked. Now all is normal with the Middle Button. But thanks anyways for the info.

Jim
Stress Co_
Advisor
Dan wrote:
I lost alot of sleep about losing the Pan shortcut until I figured out that you had to set the list: to "All commands in alphabetical order"

Once you know this you should be able to find just about anything...
Except for those commands like "Spell Checker".... under "S" right? Wrong, under "O" for "Open Spell Checker".
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Ben wrote:
i assume everyone knows that the easiest way to find a command in this list is to start typing the name of the command?
Probably worth mentioning that you need to click in the list first. And if you're really quick you can type the following letters to get you closer!

Cheers,
Link.
Andy Thomson
Advisor
JMM4JMC wrote:
Finally I found a radio button that needed to be unchecked. Now all is normal with the Middle Button.
Which radio button? Still can't get mine to work. I just bought a VX after my last logitech mouse fell to the floor and the laser died. The previous one allowed the wheel button to be 'handled by OS' - now they scrood it up. See screenshot. Panning still won't work for me.

(OH - AND I got a kernel panic right after I installed the freaky-buggy driver pkg.... grrrrr.)
Picture 1.png
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Karl Ottenstein
Just switched my Logitech MX 1000 over to my Leopard machine... and your screenshot below was my savior, Andy. Thanks. (Glad we have 'search' for our forums so I could find this, too!) Middle button does what it's supposed to now.

I'm on version 2.4 of the Logitech Control Center for OS X, which says it's Leopard compatible, but I saw on other forums that a few people were having kernel panics on reboot.

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eduardo Rolon
Instead of using the Logitech Drivers, which have the reputation of causing problems in OS X, I have been using Steermouse

plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/

Another option is using USB overdrive

www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/News.html

USB Overdrive is shareware while Steermouse cost $20US. I have run them on PPC and Intel without any problems
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
Thanks, Eduardo!

I may take a look at steermouse since it allows for the use of the tilt wheel on my MX 1000 mouse for horizontal scrolling... which is not supported by Logitech's OS X software I didn't use it that much on Windows, but it was kind of handy when I remembered it was there

Of course, if this Logitech driver causes problems, I'll look at steermouse even sooner!

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB