BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Large Development

jamespage11
Participant
Hi Forum

I'm about to start a new project. Its a development of about 26 houses/units with rec. areas and a club house within a gated community. At least half of these units will probably be identical though. This is the first project of this type we're doing since switching to Archicad, and I'm just wondering what the best way to go about it is. Has anyone had much experience with this sort of project in BIM? Do you model up each unit in a separate project file? Or do them all together? Draw a basic 2D site plan or use a large model? We're running quad core processors with 2 to 4 gigs of ram on each PC in the office and Archicad 13. (And most probably eventually going to render some promo stuff with Artlantis 3). What do you guys recommend to achieve the most productive workflow?
Cape Town, South Africa

AC 24
Windows 10
Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You could probably get some good ideas here.

Cheers,
Link.
jamespage11
Participant
Thanks Link.
I must admit, I've never looked in the BIM managers' forum before.
There's a lot of really technical stuff in there that I'm going to have to investigate, like module files & publishing, but it was a lot of help! Thanks.
Cape Town, South Africa

AC 24
Windows 10
Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would have thought modules sound like the way to go.

I did a scheme about 6 months ago for 52 houses, 3 different types, ended up with about 9 different module files (due to the variations in gable walls at ends of terraces etc.) all being brought into a main file that contained the site plan etc.

It worked quite well, definitely do some reading on module files.
Learn and get certified!